It’s been a while since I’ve posted my personal stories; I’m going to do better 🙂
So far, this year has been amazing.
I’ve dedicated myself to building a profitable, successful, meaningful coaching business.
I’ve dedicated myself to maintaining optimal life balance, which includes working daily to develop a positive mindset towards my life and business, even during challenging times.
There is a saying that says that if you believe things are possible, opportunities flow into your life like never before.
And, slowly but surely, they are.
So let me take the time to share with you some of my a-ha moments and realizations I’ve had so far 🙂
Discoveries and Successes
1. I learned the definition of success: a positive outcome.
So, no matter if what you have worked so hard for hasn’t come to fruition, it doesn’t mean you haven’t been successful so far. (i.e., getting a Master’s degree that I haven’t fully used on my current job, but I graduated from a D-1 grad school with a 3.8 GPA!!!)
2. Since I have been thinking about what I really want in life and business, everything is becoming clearer. I’m learning what’s really important to me, and what adds value to my life.
3. I am thinking of myself as an entrepreneur, a motivational life coach, a weight management specialist (versus a personal trainer).
This helps me to gain more confidence when I talk to other women (and the occasional man) about the “forgotten secrets” behind permanent weight management.
4. I have an extra burning desire to create a career (and life) that allows me to use my knowledge and gifts. No matter how tough things get, this desire will NOT let me sit down and quit. I have to keep going, but make positive, fruitful steps along the way.
5. I’ve learned that my life has been greatly imbalanced. Too much work and not enough relaxation and play. Very little social time most days. So, I’ve made another promise to myself- step away from the desk and re-join life again!
6. There is a such thing as a quarter-life crisis.
And if you don’t know what that is, it is a time in your life, usually around 30, where you begin to feel lost, scared, lonely, and confused about the decisions you make and if they will lead to a meaningful life.
You begin to reminisce about college days; re-thinking personal relationships; panicking and becoming depressed because your career may not be where you want it to be.
Very similar to a mid-life crisis. I am going through it now. But one thing that has changed my mindset is learning what was going on, why, and how to get through it.
Self-education is powerful!!!
7. This should have been my first share, but I GOT MY FIRST FITNESS CLIENT AS AN ENTREPRENEUR!!!! It feels so good, and thank God I had some systems in place to keep me organized.
I’m ready for more!!!
There’s More, But I’ll Wait…
Every night before I go to bed, I make sure I write down all my successes for the day. One thing that keeps me sane is knowing that I’ve been productive. Otherwise, I don’t sleep lol.
So, that means that I will be back, and will be ready to share 🙂
Until next time,
Pamela Brown www.pamelabrowncoaching.com